Saturday, November 29, 2008

Advent Calendar



Our Mum's Group have been inspired to do some Christmas craft so have been surfing around looking for ideas suitable for 2 1/2 year olds! Came across an idea for creating your own advent calendar out of old toilet rolls and paper - suitable for 4 year olds (at http://www.dltk-holidays.com/xmas/advent_calendar.htm). I made one on Thursday night when both the kids were tucked up in bed. There is NO WAY I would I attempt this with a 4 year old - it took me more than 2 hours to do and I'm eight times the recommended minimum age for this craft!


Anyway, Matilda should enjoy the eating (each half-tube contains either a marshmallow or a snake) but next year I might just buy one from the supermarket!


And yesterday our toddlers had a lovely time with glue, glitter and other assorted bits and bobs making mess whilst the Mum's all made an array of decorations out of pipe cleaners, toilet rolls and sticky stars!
I love Matilda's star picture (photographed with my toilet roll angel and pipe cleaner Christmas tree!!).

No comments: