Thursday, June 4, 2009

Works in Progress

I have decided to make Matilda a twirly corduroy skirt to wear over the winter. I have been oggling this dress at Pumpkin Patch (and have been oggling at the price tag too!!)......then along came this tutorial and a combination of stash fabric and some co-ordinating plains and I'm hoping to have it finished by the weekend (just need to hem it and put in the elastic).
I have also decided to make a stacked coin cot quilt for a friends baby using the tutorial at The Moda Bakeshop. I have bought my fabrics and cut the coins and hope to spend tomorrow evening at my sewing machine joining these together. I'm using a mix of Prints Charming, Amy Butler, 3 Sisters and Anna Griffin fabrics which I'm loving since I couldn't get hold of any charm packs that I really, really liked. These fabrics are feminine without being to cute so I'm hoping the discerning mother-to-be will like the quilt. Decided to make a smaller quilt to practice my machine quilting before attempting my massive first quilt!! And Sarah has challenged me to a "Stacked Coins" quilt-off - just the motivation I need!
Thanks to everyone who has put their names in the hat for my SEWN giveaway (see previous post) - please remember to leave a means of contact so that I can let you know if/when you win!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the colours you have chosen for the coin quilt. When my girls were little I used to make all of their clothes, the prices in the shops always made me look twice, and it was always so more enjoyable to make them myself.

Bloom said...

Looking forward to seeing the creations you stitch up from all that luscious fabric! I too baulk at the price tag of those lovely Pumpkin Patch skirts. I was ready last winter to make one up, but by the time I got around to it the original at PP was on sale at half price!! Maybe this year!

Sarah said...

Hey Ange!
The fabrics you have chosen for your Coin Quilt are just gorgeous - perfect for a bub!!
And, looking forward to seeing the skirt made up.....
x Sarah