Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Kokeshi

Look what I started and finished last night - took about four hours from start to finish!

Don't look too closely at the stitching - it's my first attempt at freehand stitching (I'm a cross-stitcher from way back, but it's funny how you rely on the evenweave of the fabric in cross-stitch to get a good stitch length).

It's a Kokeshi stuffie - a freebie pattern from Melly & Me. I actually printed it out at A3 size so the finished dolly is a bit bigger - especially for a special one-year old whose birthday we're celebrating today with a bbq.

And here's a picture of the beautiful fabric I used for the back. I won it at Helen's Mystery Quilt Marathon. It was donated by The Fabric Cupboard and from the Botanical Fantasy range - very pretty.

OK, so I'm still in my pj's but the kids are dressed (and plonked in front of the TV watching the Umbilical Brothers) but I have achieved my first post for Blogtoberfest and can now get on and start my day.

PS. I also received one of these in the mail on Monday - to give my grandma for her birthday. Thanks Jennie - it is beautiful!

7 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Great job Ange!!

Fee said...

Gorgeous - Love the butterfly fabric

sophie said...

It's gorgeous!

Sherrin said...

Very cute!

Sarah said...

Hey Ange!
Just thought i'd say "hi!"
I love your Kokeshi doll, the stitching is fantastic and I can't believe you did all of it freehand!
Are you having fun with Blogtoberfest? Sarah and I are tag teaming it which should hopefully make it a bit easier!
x Lauren

annax said...

Oooo I just love it!!

Anna Bartlett said...

You've got to love a project that you can start and finish in one night. It's been so long since I handstitched it all seems very hard - but it's a lovely little softie indeed. Cute tag too.