Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blogtoberfest - Day 21 - Quilting

After doing a machine quilting course at Frangipani Fabrics (taught by the lovely and very talented Stephanie Newman) I have finally plucked up the courage to actually quilt something at home!
I'm about 1/3 of the way through. I decided to try straight lines before attempting free motion quilting (although I'll give that a go with Matilda's christmas quilt). Next time I might make the lines a bit further apart but it's looking good (if you ask me).
The quilt? It's a stacked coin cot quilt (with pink sashing instead of white). Better get back into my sewing room and wind some more bobbins and get quilting!!

4 comments:

Katie B said...

I love your quilt! The diagonal quilting really looks great.

Gypsy said...

Looks great Ange, very brave of you. Can't wait to see your free motion quilting too!

humel said...

It's looking good if you ask me, too! ;-) Well done you!

Amanda said...

its looking fantastic - you have way more patience than me with sewing!!!