Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blogtoberfest - Day 24 - Christmas Market

We headed up to Richmond today - to have lunch, feed the ducks and to check out the Christmas Market.

The market was a pretty small affair (about a dozen stall holders) - but I did manage to find some things to buy!

I bought a Bubushka brooch and Birdie brooch from Rosie (one for Mum and one for me). I was her first paying customer for the day!
These brooches are delightful and the packaging is just brilliant (and she wrapped them up beautifully too).

Please, please, please go and check out her online shop - or look for her stuff in discerning stores near you!!

Rosie also gave Matilda a prototype Christmas brooch - very cute!

We also bought two babushka lavendar hangers - the pink one for Matilda and the green one for Mama Ju (my mum). Bought from Marita Bullen at Loopee Designs.

Everything else was very folksy - which is not really my taste. A good trip - and we had coffee and lunch at the Richmond Bakery and finished off with ice-cream from the lolly shop! Yummo.

4 comments:

humel said...

Ooh, lovely goodies - especially the birdie! Funny, I got a bee-yoo-tiful pendant in the post today and the birdies on it are very similar :-) I shall be blogging about it later if you'd like to see it!

Narelle Badalassi said...

Marita and Rosie Make beautiful things. I have had the pleasure of being fellow stall holders at Local Markets with them and they are lovely people !
I am really sorry I missed the Richmond market I almost took a left off the highway yesterday to have a look but I thought it might have been pushing my luck a bit after a long trip.

2paw said...

Oh you're from here!! I love Richmond: the bridge, the old school, the lovely shops in town.
Fabulous market too I gather!!

Marita said...

Thanks for supporting handmade. I came away with quite a few of Rosie's goodies. I'm trying really hard to save mine until Christmas!