Sunday, October 4, 2009

I think I need a market stall - & the Mystery Quilt

I went to the Hobart Makers Market this morning for a bit of a look-see (but forgot to take my camera) but there was some gorgeous stuff and all the stall holders seemed so happy to be there selling their wares, chatting about stuff and many were even stitching behind the scenes! It looked like the perfect way to spend the day (I'm ignoring the hours of preparation before hand, the difficulties in knowing what and how much to stock, etc) and maybe something I could aspire to (although I need a good idea of something to make and sell)!


I even plucked up the courage to introduce myself to Rosie and Gemma who's blogs I have been following for a while. I felt like I needed to talk quietly to these people I have been cyber-stalking - what is proper etiquette for introducing yourself to a fellow blogger?


I was very restrained in my spending and only bought some little ladybird magnets for my Mum for Christmas - from Pili Pala Pieces.


I was able to enjoy my time at the Market because Matilda was playing with a friend (why are 3-year olds easier in pairs)!
And here is my Mystery Quilt top finished! I promised Rosie that I would blog about it so here it is - mainly Basket of Flowers fabric, now to buy some backing and batting and get it quilted for Christmas!
[Sorry about the crap quilt-top photo - no clothes line to drape it over artistically, maybe once it's quilted...]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! I love the blue and red in the mix. I only bought pink, green and yellow. But I have a charm pack on the way, so I'll have to have another go at these fabrics. Love it!

It was fabulous to meet you today, thanks for coming and introducing yourself. In todays cyber-verse it nice to actually talk to someone face to face.

2paw said...

It is quite a brave thing to do- to introduce yourself to someone you only know internetally. Well done. Love the colours and patterns in the fabric: happy quilting!!!

humel said...

It's beautiful - love those colours and patterns :-) I met a fellow blogger this week too!

Northside Makers said...

Hi Ange,

I'm helping to organise a not-for-profit market, Northside Makers Market, in Melbourne for first-time stallholders. We've got a blog (www.northsidemakers.com) where I've posted a few 'Market Newbie' entries about things to consider when organising a market stall - product range, presentation etc. They might come in useful for you!

Jennie from Northside Makers

Ange said...

Three-year-olds are brilliant in pairs, aren't they?? Sure, it gets a bit noisy, and things get jumped on a whole lot, but what the hey ...