Friday, October 2, 2009

Op Shop Finds

A few months back I signed up for Wardrobe Refashion and although I stuck with my pledge (apart from buying a winter jacket) I didn't really get much time for refashioning. However, it did renewed my love of op-shopping and I have discovered that I work in the middle of op-shop central! There is a Vinnies, Salvos, Red Cross and ADRA op-shop within easy walking distance of my office - I could even visit them all in my lunch break if I was so inclined!


I also discovered the Vinnies Furniture and Haby warehouse during the week and found some gorgeous things (including a CurlyPops pillowcase - on the right!)...
...I nearly squealed with delight when I saw these two butterfly single-flat-sheets. I'm definitely making these into some Oliver+S pj's for Tilds!!

...This sheet reminds me of the birdie fabric in this dress (maybe Joel Dewberry?).And they threw these button in for nothing (is it poor-form to enjoy getting a freebie at a charity shop?).

6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeek! I can't believe you found a pillowcase that matches my sheet set.
I bought the sheet set on Ebay a few years ago - still unopened in the 1970's packaging.
I also have that same beautiful butterflies sheet which I love too.
Great scores... op shop GOLD

Penny said...

Ooh that butterfly fabric is so pretty! Love it!

Xena said...

what great finds....I love seeing thrifty finds people blog about.

Bec Clarke said...

Oh I love opp shops, you are lucky to have some great finds all in one go.

pippinsequim said...

I love the butterflies! That would be so perfect for fussy-cut blocks centers on a quilt. :)

Selina said...

Wow! Where on Earth do you work? Those are some brilliant finds!