Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cheescake, Buttercup & Hoodies

Trev made the most delicious baked New York cheesecake on Thursday night. It was meant to be covered in lashings of whipped cream but it looked to good to cover up (we just had the cream on the side)!
We don't eat baked cheesecake every day - it was to help celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. I made her a buttercup bag - my first ever bag! It was pretty straight forward and only took one night (plus some hand sewing in front of Play School the next day). She requested midnight blue, chocolate or charcoal - but this really jumped out at me at Spotlight so she ended up with a Cactus Shot Silk Dupion bag instead!!
I also finished knitting a pair of matching hoodies for my kids - now to force myself to sew them together!! They are knitted in Sean Sheep Beulah using their free pattern.
Hope you've all had a great weekend! Ours has been busy - with lots of visits from friends, my brother staying and general weekend stuffing about!!

4 comments:

Margret said...

that cheesecake looks delicious, and I know its not quite the same sean, but my mum loves shaun the sheep! oh yeah, and I've got a bag all cut out for my best friends birthday too (except it was in March!) I've been putting it off because I haven't practices the free motion embroidery I want to do on it, yours looks beatuitul, thanks for the reminder.

Sally said...

Baked New York Cheesecake is MY FAVOURITE all time cheesecakse.
Cheesecake is my all time favourite dessert and my all time favourite cake... and the baked New York Cheesecake sits at the very top of the pyramid. Oh Oh Oh... I squealed out loud when I read that Trev had made you one. What recipe did he use???
Oh it looks SO delicious. YUM YUM YUM!!!

Bellgirl said...

Lovely bag! I do quite a lot of hand-sewing in front of Play School too ;)

Sarah said...

those hoody pieces look lovely ange - have you sewn them together yet?