Monday, September 6, 2010

Wet but Productive Weekend!

I've managed to get a bit of sewing done this weekend! It's been wet, the kids have been watching TV with their dad and I've made the kiddo's some new clothes from old t-shirts (and a tiny amouont of new kids prints from Spotlight) using a couple of really easy patterns I bought from Ashley at Lil Blue Boo.

I haven't really sewn stretch fabric before but it's pretty easy and very forgiving!
I love the fabric combination in Matilda's dress - it's girlie without being "pink" (if you know what I mean)! And she really loves wearing it - super comfy in old t-shirt material!! Same with Kelvin's hoodie - it is so soft and cosy!

4 comments:

Bellgirl said...

I love the clothes! I always put my Bug in stretch fabric so he can move and run and climb the furniture...hang on, what am I thinking?! ;)

I'll check out the patterns. And I've just finished a quilt using some of the vintage sheet fabric from your swap, it's here: http://bellgirl.com.au/2010/09/grans-pink-and-gold-quilt-complete.html

Kate said...

Hey Ange, I love that dress so much. Glad to hear you got a bit of sewing time over the weekend, its always so refreshing.
I hope you have a great week.
I'm off to check out the pattern. My girls need that dress too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous clothes!! Well Done! Also loving the pixx infront of the cloudy sky just beautiful :)

Natalie said...

great tops!